When release VbSEO 3.2.5?
This is a discussion on When release VbSeo 3.2.5? within the Pre-Sales Questions forums, part of the Announcements & Pre-Sales category; When release VbSEO 3.2.5 ?...
When release VbSEO 3.2.5?
We have to complete our full Quality Assurance cycle to make sure it's ready for GOLD status. Staff is working hard to get it ready.
Are you a vBSEO user already, or waiting for 3.2.5 to get your traffic maxed out with vBSEO?
I am in the process of switching my entire forum over to vBulletin. Previously we have used another forum software. I have also bought a vBSEO license to use in the new vBulletin forum. Most things will soon be ready for launch. My old forum is very well established, but the URL and the addresses to all posts will change when we launch the new vBulletin forum. Hence, search engine placements etc. will need to wait for the new forum to be detected and indexed by Google and others.
Should I wait for the vBSEO 3.2.5 release before I launch my new vBullein forum or can I just as well launch the new vBulletin version of the forum now using vBSEO 3.2 and switch to vBSEO 3.2.5 when it is released?
I know that I can't get an exact date, but if I wait for the release of vBSEO 3.2.5, do you think that I will have to wait days, weeks or even months?
We release a patch for vBulletin 3.7.5/3.8 users for vBSEO 3.2.0. So it is possible for you to go ahead and install now Jonas.
We are quality focused, so we avoid issuing ETAs. 3.2.5 is still in final testing. The dev team is working hard to ensure it is bullet proof before release.
Joe, thanks for your quick reply. I have already installed the vBSEO 3.2.0 patch and have got vBulletin 3.8.1 together with vBSEO 3.2.0 up and running in a test forum.
Note that I am changing my entire forum software here and all search-engine indexing will have to be redone. Is it smart to wait with the launch of my new forum software using vBulletin until vBSEO 3.2.5 is released or should I just go ahead and launch the new forum software running vbSEO 3.2.0 now and update as 3.2.5 is relased?
We are getting reports that 3.2.0 with the patch is working fine. If you want to be more conservative you could wait.
Myself, knowing that the patch works, I would most likely launch now and upgrade to 3.2.5 as soon as it's available. Upgrade process will be very easy.
If I launch now and later upgrade to vbSEO 3.2.5 when it is relased will then the post and thread addresses on my forum change when I upgrade my vBSEO installation? Are there any other modifications coming in 3.2.5 that warrants waiting for it?
I have used my other forum-software for more than 10 years so waiting a few more weeks with my switch to vBulletin + vBSEO is no problem if there is a good reason to wait.
You URL structure will be the same in 3.2.5.
I think waiting until 3.2.5 may be a good option for you since you are not in a rush, and your forum is already active on the current software.
You can tell me when can we be expected if this version 3.2.5?
Earlier tomorrow, weekend or the end of the month?
thank you for your reply
I have sent you a support ticket requesting a license key since I transferred my domain to another url. It has been almost 2 weeks and no one answered me. PLEASE HELP!!!
Will 3.2.5 include new features or is only a maintenance release?