Update 6/11/2010: vBSEO customers can now download the latest Livestats build from the official downloads area.
Update 3/29/2009: I've moved this thread from the private pre-release team forums to the public forums to give access to a wider audience.What is LiveStats for Google Analytics???
MORE PEOPLE = MORE FEEDBACK = BETTER PRODUCT
Click the green tab at the right of your screen to find out >>>
(I've enabled view access to everyone to our *own* LiveStats install. You control what usergroups see the widget via the vB admincp: Admins, Moderators, etc.)
Is it free?
Will it remain free?
Yes, we will introduce a "Pro Version" in the future for a fee.
Where do I download it?
The files are attached at the bottom of this post. The latest version is always the last file listed.
I don't have vBulletin, can I still use this?
Not currently. It will be offered in other flavors (Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.) and/or SaaS (Software as a Service) once Google Analytics launches its API (currently in closed beta). The SaaS version will work with any website.
Does it has bugs?
As of 3/29/2009, there are no known bugs.
When it gets updated?
Continually. Follow @vbseo via Twitter or subscribe to this forum to get notified of updates.
Ok guys, here it is, fresh from the oven, and ready to be put to some early tests.************ORIGINAL POST**************
We've code-named it the "LiveStats for Google Analytics" widget, but most certainly this won't end up being the name, so we are open to suggestions in that department too.
Will it be part of vBSEO?
Maybe, maybe not. We still don't know yet. It definitely has potential beyond specific platforms like vB or Wordpress, etc. Therefore, we want to keep our options open. I'm hopeful that the upcoming testing and refining phase (lot's of refinements planned btw) will allow us decide what is best for the future of this project.
Next improvements (among others)
- Ability to specify a date range for reports
- Display global site statistics in a separate tab
- Additional sparklines, 1 per each report
What I need from you?
First, I need you guys to test it extensively. There's not much that can break presently as it has virtually no options yet, but still, there's plenty of scenarios and page types we haven't tested yet.
Secondly... I want to make this as useful as possible. If you don't find yourself clicking the tab often, then, there's probably something it's missing. I want to know what would bring the most value to YOU, think "key performance indicators", stuff that you can act upon, etc.
Another angle is cross-referencing: using APIs from other services to create meaningful data by mashing it with what GA already provides. Think technorati, twitter, digg, G webmastertools, etc.
We have our own ideas on most things I've mentioned above. But I want to hear your own, and see where those take us, with the ultimate goal of making it a super powerful tool.
Note on updates
Due to the alpha nature of this software, and our decision to get you guys involved this early in the process, please be aware that it comes with some (minor) pitfalls. I would resume those in three main points:
- We will update this thread with newer versions often, to correct bugs, or add new features. Keep in mind that *new* bugs may be introduced in the process, that can break functionality that was working in a previous build. You may need to revert to a previous build if this is the case. Overall, this product should never break your forums though, so I'd say it's pretty low risk.
- There will be little to no documentation during the process: no list of bug fixes per build, or comprehensive list of features added, etc, only mayor improvements will be posted as follow ups in this thread.
- You are expected to fulfill your role as a pre-release team member by installing each new build on a timely basis. (No worries, it's a single xml product file) - I would also ask that you please acknowledge via the thread once you have installed each new build.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests/Suggestions
Please use the respective child subforums in the Pre-Release forums to report bugs or suggest features. I've created a prefix for this project "Analytics Widget". Tag anything related to this project with this prefix.
Update 03/19/2009 - updated attachment with the fix for the Rob's issue.
Update 03/22/2009 - Alpha 3 build uploaded.
Update 03/28/2009 - Beta 1 build uploaded.
Update 04/05/2009 - Beta 2 build uploaded.