vBSEO 2.0 Gold, Build 2 corrects all known bugs discovered since official release on September 23rd. In addition, we now include a great new feature for handling invalid CRUs with 301 redirects.
/* Note: Thank-you to Jonathan of Hotrodders.com for providing us an excellent testimonial which is now being used on our purchase page at http://www.vbseo.com/purchase/ */
Note: Since our official launch, vBSEO 2.0 Gold has been implemented by many new vBulletin forums. The response has been absolutely overwhelming! Therefore, I would like to once again take an opportunity to express our sincerest thanks to our testing team for doing such an outstanding job in helping us to successfully complete the vBSEO bulletproofing process.
vBSEO 2.0 Gold (Full) - Revisions to Copyright Notice Policy
Build 2 includes significant changes to our copyright notice policy, based on feedback provided from our customers and vBSEO Moderators. These policy changes have been applied to vBSEO Full only. Here are the new copyright notice options:
- Linked copyright notices will include only "vBSEO" as anchor text.
- All linked copyright notices now link to http://www.crawlability.com/vbseo/.
- A 4th copyright notice option, with shorter character length has been added: "SEO by vBSEO 2.0"
- 4 new unlinked copyright notices have been added. They can be enabled by modifying the configuration within the config_vbseo.php file. The unlinked versions include additional text: "© 2005, Crawlability, Inc."
Here are the linked options (with "vBSEO" as anchor text):
Here are the unlinked options:1. Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.0
2. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.0
3. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 2.0
4. SEO by vBSEO 2.0
Here is a summary of updates included in vBSEO 2.0 Gold, Build 2:5. Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.0 © 2005, Crawlability, Inc.
6. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.0 © 2005, Crawlability, Inc.
7. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 2.0 © 2005, Crawlability, Inc.
8. SEO by vBSEO 2.0 @ 2005, Crawlability, Inc.
(1) NEW FEATURE: Automatic 301 redirects for invalid content relevant URLs. If the title of a thread changes, the URL changes due to a change in the title keywords. To handle this situation, vBSEO now includes a feature that automatically 301 redirects invalid thread CRU formats to the version that correctly represents the thread title.
Title A: "Blue is my favorite color"
URL A:Title B: "Red is my favorite color"HTML Code:http://www.yourforum.com/1000-blue-is-my-favorite-color.html
URL B:After the title changes, if anyone enters or clicks a link to (URL A), vBSEO will automatically 301 redirect them to the valid (URL B) containing only keywords for the new title.HTML Code:http://www.yourforum.com/1000-red-is-my-favorite-color.html
This avoids potential duplicate content issues that could otherwise arise in rare circumstances when thread titles are changed. Further, this takes vBSEO 1 large step closer to completely inoculating your forums against inherent duplicate content issues.
(2) FIX: Error causing PHP Warning messages due to incorrect attachment links.
(3) FIX: The ampersand (&) character can now be added as a stop word.
(4) FIX: Issue related to incompatibilities with member profile links in vBIndex.
(5) FIX: Issue with repetitive 301 redirects when /archive/ is used to rewrite the vBulletin archive URLs.
(6) FIX: Error with the "File Not Found" request handling which was causing invalid redirections.
(7) FIX: Special character rewriting in the META tags.
(1) Close your forums via your admincp
(2) Backup your .XML settings file (through 'forums/vbseocp.php')
(3) Upload all the files in the '/upload' folder
(4) Restore your previous settings by uploading your backup .XML file
(5) Re-open your forums