WebmasterWorld.com: Search Engine Friendly Links Best Left to the Pros
Jim Morgan gives information regarding the complexity of achieving static, search engine friendly URLs with mod_rewrite.
He notes that it is one of the most widely asked questions on their forums due to the complexity.
He provides a general overview of the basics including internal and external processing, htaccess, httpd.conf, conf.d, and regular expressions.
What is to be learned?
Notes on vBSEO
- Search Engine Friendly URLs are an extremely complex task that should only be attempted by advanced developers.
- The vBSEO development team has mastered the process of implementing search engine friendly URLs - but that is just one part of the total vBSEO solution.
- The vBSEO solution takes many users less than 5 minutes to install and configure.
- The result is a search engine optimized forum in the time it takes to microwave a tv dinner! This is a huge cost savings compared with the expense of attempting to implement a similar system.
- Do you think the difficultly in creating search engine friendly URLs has decreased their popularity despite the fact that most blogs and major websites realize their importance?
Changing Dynamic URLs to Static URLs