We are pleased to announce the release of vBulletin 4.2 ALPHA 1.
This is an early evaluation release of 4.2, which is a major release containing only new features and code changes related to those features. While QA has tested most of the fixed issues in this release, additional code changes are in progress, and functional regression testing has not yet been completed. As such, vBulletin 4.2 ALPHA 1 should not be used to upgrade your live sites.
What's New in vBulletin 4.2 Alpha 1?
- Activity Stream - VBIV-13946
- Navigation Manager - VBIV-8393 & VBIV-3058
- Members who have Visited Today - VBIV-14582
- Cron-based Batch Email Sending - VBIV-14583
- UserCP Reputation Display - VBIV-14584
- Reputation Notification - VBIV-14585
- User Profile Reputation Display - VBIV-14586
- Who has Read a Thread - VBIV-14587
- Doublepost Prevention - VBIV-14588
- Enhanced Reputation Checks - VBIV-14651
- Updated Readme.
- Integration with Post Release - Company Website
For a complete list of the Jiras included in 4.2 thus far, click - HERE.
Documentation for each of the new features will be available with the launch of 4.2. What is available thus far can be found - HERE. Additional documentation will be published as it is completed.
Please visit members.vbulletin.com to download a copy of vBulletin 4.2 ALPHA 1.
Discuss the 4.2 ALPHA 1 release - HERE
Please note: There is no official support for this build. If you upgrade your forums and things break, you may not receive answers.