First of all, I wanted to say that I just installed this product and love what it's doing for my board.
One small thing I noticed that I didn't care for was the vBSEO menu being above the main vB settings section. It seemed a little presumptuous, so I made an adjustment to put the link in what I felt was a more appropriate spot.
Thinking that others might want to do the same thing, I wanted to share the simple edits that helped me adjust the layout. BTW - Admins and vBSEO developers, I beg your forgiveness if I transgress against thee...
Looking in /includes/xml/cpnav_vbseo.xml, the third and forth line should be this:
Change that to this: (I include the original code in the event I want to undo my work...)Code:<navgroup phrase="vbseo" displayorder="3"> <navoption displayorder="10">
Notice that I adjusted the displayorder from "10" to "15", which keeps the code clean and avoids two items trying to be "10".Code:<!-- <navgroup phrase="vbseo" displayorder="3"> --> <navgroup phrase="settings" permissions="canadminsettings" hr="true" displayorder="10"> <navoption displayorder="15">
The last thing I did was change the menu item wording so that it didn't just say "Control Panel". This is done by going to Languages and Phrases and changing vbseo_cp. There might be an easier way to do this, but I just searched for "Control Panel" and it showed up at the bottom of the results. I changed it to "vBSEO Control Panel" so it was nice and clear.
You can insert a new Phrase if you don't like fiddling too much with the original code, but this seemed good enough for me...
I hope this helps and I look forward to a lot of success with this terrific add-on!