You specify the title of your forum within your vBulletin options. By default, vBulletin will include your forum title on all sub-forum, thread, and member profile pages. However, this is not optimum for SEO.
vBSEO helps you optimize your forum on a page by page basis, for the content that occurs on the page. Therefore, it is better to allow the title of the page to be evaluated on its own, without the forum title keywords included.
Doing so can help boost long tail SEO traffic:
What is the Search Long Tail? - vBulletin SEO Forums
How to Remove the Site Title from Your Pages:
- Login to your vBulletin Control Panel.
- Select: Styles & Templates -> Style Manager
- Select your style & "Edit Templates"
- You will edit the SHOWTHREAD, FORUMDISPLAY, and MEMBERINFO.
- In each template, find the TITLE tag near the top.
- Within the title tag, located the $vboptions[bbtitle] code.
- Delete $vboptions[bbtitle] from each file and re-save them.
What should you expect?
Originally Posted by dutchbb